Isn’t it fun to watch fire in opal jewelry? Read more about this enchanting gemstone.


The Opal is considered a symbol of clarity, optimism and confidence. Any jewelry designed with opal gemstone adds beauty to the ornament. There are numerous myths enveloped with this enchanting gemstone. According to the ancient dream of the Australian aborigines, the creator came down to the Earth on a rainbow to convey the message of peace to all the humans. As soon he stepped on the ground, the stones turned alive and started gleaming in all the colors of the rainbow. Hence the very moment the hypnotizing Opals were born.

Opal Jewelry Handicraft

The name Opal was probably derived from Sanskrit word ‘upala’, meaning ‘valuable stone’. It can also be derived from the Greek term ‘opallios’, meaning ‘color change’. The first Opal blocks were discovered on an Australian cattle station called Tarravilla in 1849. It is the most important classical supplier of fine opals worldwide. Almost 95 per cent of Opal stones are supplied from Australian mines. The remaining 5 per cent is mined from the countries such as Mexico, Brazil, and also in the states of Idaho and Nevada in the US. This gemstone reflects all the nature’s splendor which includes, fire, lightning, colors of rainbow and also the smooth shine of far seas. 

The Opal is a non-crystalline form of the mineral silica, which displays an amazing degree of internal organization regardless of its shapeless structure. This gemstone is formed from amorphous balls or lumps of silica rather that from ordered, naturally faceted crystals. It is more than 60 million years old and dates back to the Cretaceous period when dinosaurs roamed the earth. 

The ornaments made of Opals are very beautiful due to the fascinating flow of many colors in the stone. These finely crafted opal jewelry pieces attract any fashion-conscious women with their amazing colors.

Opal Rings

Opal is a birthstone for a person who is born in the month of October. It has a luminosity and glow that makes an opal the fortune. The blend of rainbow colors on a neutral white background proves to be an ideal match for any outfit.

Opal Earrings

Gifting opal earrings to the lady you love adds glamour to the occasion. It is one of the treasured gems all over the world. This gemstone is a symbol of hope, purity and love which makes and elegant present for any occasion.

Opal Pendants

The gemstone symbolizes calmness and is said to promote self-confidence and hope for future. Add Opal with your favorite pearls in a pendant which enhances the elegance of the wearer’s persona.